What is media literacy?
How will elderly people handle the online sea of information?
Who could support them in the process?
You will find the answers to these and many more relevant questions by joining the INFORMATION MATTERS online course on Digital and Media Literacy and become the professional who contributes to your community of elderly people acquiring those skills.
A COURSE FOR ADULT EDUCATORS
What: a free course on Digital and Media Literacy + Insights how to teach elderly people on the topic
Who: open for library professionals and adult educators from various backgrounds
Where: entirely online , in Bulgarian language for the Bulgarian participants
When: March-April2024, with a total duration of up to 24 hours (self-learning ) + 2 zoom meetings for all trainees with a tutor) – taken according to your availability in the frame of those two months
By accomplishing the course you will:
- Join a community of like-minded adult educators and receive a certificate.
- Receive the opportunity to be among the selected 20 trainers, who help seniors in their own country to learn about DL and ML (in a pilot program held during May-August 2024).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:
20 February 2024, 4pm
HOW TO APPLY?
Just fill in and submit the following form (it is only in Bulgarian)
- After completing the course, the participants will have the opportunity to continue their participation in the program as trainers on ML and DL to elderly people.
- It is expected to take place in your own organization, within your own community of users, in the duration of 4 months between May and August 2024.
- The engagement will be a paid one and regulated under a civil contract.
More information: Find out more about the INFORMATION MATTERS project and the conditions of participation on the website https://informationmatters.eu/
The course will take place simultaneously in Bulgaria, Austria and Romania and is produced within the INFORMATION MATTERS project – supported by the Erasmus+ program of the EU